Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cookies!!!

Good Morning!!
I just wanted to share some of the fun I had with my little neighbors this past weekend. Last Wednesday my neighbor girl Melina asked me if she and some other neighbors could come bake cookies at our house. We had done this several months ago and now she wanted others to join in on the fun. Most of my neighbors do not have ovens so it was a big deal for them. Saturday afternoon seven kids from ages 3-8 showed up. While the cookies we baking and they were taking turns cutting and decorating, we played "uno" and freeze tag in our back yard.

We talked about the kids who wanted to come but couldn’t so we decided to share this experience and make them a plate of cookies and for their families too. Eating one cookie now and sharing one with each member of their family was a new concept in big families when survival (each person for them self) is what comes to mind first. When they were all done and ready to go I asked them to help me clean the kitchen too. (We talked about sharing, now for responsibility hands on lesson.) Each person either helped with the floor, dishes or counters. Teamwork became a fun task and encouragement and laughter filled the room. Soon it was all done. 


 I still have a mental picture in my mind of all 7 kids with a plate of cookies in their hands and a big smile on their face as they went walking down the path to their homes. What a joy to be building friendships and the trust of the parents in my neighborhood. From this trust we continue to talk about the love of Jesus whenever we can. A good reminder is that a little effort goes a long way. God is so good and I am thankful for these little moments that He places in my life.
Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD.
God bless you this week,

Cailene




No comments:

Post a Comment